Welcome to the FHIMA Advocacy center. The following on-line resources made available by AHIMA makes it easy to learn about important legislative issues being addressed in Washington related to HIM.
Stay current on issues by checking back often!
The Advocacy Assistant contains valuable information, resources and guidelines, and links to helpful sites.
Getting to Know Your Legislators
Advocacy does not end when Hill Day is over. Getting to know your legislators and establishing an ongoing relationship with them is key to successful advocacy. Before you contact your legislator or meet with him/her at Hill Day, do your due-diligence and research a few key facts to make the experience both fun and worthwhile. Be sure to know…
1. Political party affiliation
2. Legislative committees on which they serve
3. Leadership positions held
4. Voting records on issues that concern you
5. Personal facts about them – profession, education, etc.
6. You can find your representatives by clicking on the map below or visiting AHIMA Advocacy Assistant.
7. The Florida legislative directory and other information can be found here.
Find elected officials, including the president, members of Congress, governors, state legislators, local officials, and more.
Issues & Legislation
Review current legislation and key votes.
Election & Candidates
Current listing of up-coming elections and the prospective candidates seeking election.
Find and contact national and local media.