Parrish Medical Center
Parrish Medical Center (PMC) is a caring community of healthcare professionals. Excellence is expected. Caring, loving individuals who are passionate about being the very best people they can be are valued. You will find no other career more challenging or rewarding than a career in health care with Parrish Medical Center, where healing experiences for everyone all the time is our mission. PMC is a nationally recognized industry leader having earned a number of prestigious recognitions, including Modern Healthcare Magazine’s Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare and Spirit of Excellence Awards, America’s #1 Healing Hospital for three consecutive years, HealthGrades® Outstanding Patient Experience Award™, Hospital of Choice Award, National Spirit of Women Premier Hospital, and the Nation’s first Certified Integrated Care Network.
Parrish Medical Center (PMC) is a publicly owned, not-for-profit hospital with 210 beds, providing care to the residents of North Brevard and surrounding communities. Providing care and comfort is PMC’s highest mission and is reflected in our Vision and Values. We pledge to our guests and each other: the finest in personal service, courtesy and respect and a healing experience. PMC will deliver personalized care and health-related services consistent with the highest quality medical and ethical standards to improve the health status of the people we serve.
Parrish Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke-free and drug-free workplace. Applications from all minority groups are encouraged.
Under the general supervision of the Director of HIM and Quality, the HIM Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing the operations of the HIM department including document imaging, chart completion, transcription, forms management, patient portal activities, records management, HIM data analysis, and release of information. Oversees daily efficient operations in the HIM Operations areas and assures care partners are held accountable to measurable standards and procedures. Coordinates the movement and accessibility of health information throughout the organization by working closely with the Medical Staff, all caregivers, hospital departments, insurance companies, internal and external customers, and patients. Provides leadership through effective communication, expressing ideas in a clear, professional, positive, creative, and succinct manner.
- Oversees daily efficient operations in the HIM Operations areas and assures care partners are held accountable to measurable standards and procedures.
- Monitors the performance goals and metrics, meets with care partners regularly, addresses all concerns, and reports department performance to the Director monthly.
- Coordinates performance improvement activities for assigned areas of responsibility and displays team progress.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to comply with HIPAA, Joint Commission, CMS, Florida Statutes and other oversight agencies for the document imaging, chart completion, transcription, forms management, patient portal activities, records management, HIM data analysis, and release of information
- Acts as a super user for EMR modules pertaining to HIM. Monitors EMR system issues and ensures updates are tested properly.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) with a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience in a HIM Department; or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) with a minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience in a HIM department.
- Bachelors’ Degree is required, Health Information Management (HIM) major, preferred
Parrish Medical Center is proud to provide a healing environment with generous total rewards compensation, complimentary health & fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and other excellent benefits.
Instructions of Resume Submission:
Emailed resumes will not be considered. All applications must be made by applying online at www.parrishmed.com/careers
Apply Online: http://www.parrishmed.com/careers