FHIMA announces an exciting opportunity for HIM students!
We will be selecting up to four students to serve as “FHIMA Student Assistants.” Selected student volunteers will perform a variety of duties including: introduce speakers, monitor educational sessions, assist presenters, assist at registration, greet attendees at the FHIMA Hospitality Booth and be runners for the Executive Director, Meeting Planner, Program Committee & Arrangements Committee. This opportunity is a great way to show your commitment as a rising HIM professional, get involved, and meet & network with HIM professionals.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student in a CAHIIM accredited HIT or HIM Program (not coding certificate) at the time of application
- Must have at least six months as a student in the above listed program criteria
- Must be a student member of AHIMA with Florida designated as CSA
- Must be available Sunday, July 29th through close of convention on Wednesday, August 1st
- Provide your own transportation and parking to and from convention
- Must possess excellent communication skills as demonstrated through an essay on the application
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of large audiences.
- Must be committed to this opportunity if selected!
Student Volunteer Perks
- Certificate of Appreciation from the FHIMA Board of Directors for your dedication, commitment and service to FHIMA
- Valuable experience to include on your resume!
- Gain invaluable knowledge about your professional state association, FHIMA
- Meet and interact with the leadership of FHIMA
- Opportunities to network with HIM professionals (possible future employers!)
- Gain valuable HIM knowledge from attending educational sessions you monitor
- Receive a student volunteer ribbon that identifies you as an important member of the team!
- Full convention registration (meal tickets for scheduled meals included). Students will be allowed to attend educational sessions agreed upon by Volunteer Coordinator(s).
- Valuable recognition on FHIMA website and electronic newsletter (viewed by potential future employers!)
- Complimentary shared hotel room for those selected outside Orlando vicinity. Two rooms will be reserved for students with two student volunteers in each room. Must be willing to share room with up to one other volunteer of same gender.
Selected students will be notified in early June!
Click here to find the application form. Applications are due Friday, May 31, 2018.