Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
Fort Myers, FL
Full-Time, Days, 7 AM – 3:30 PM
Are you looking for a new career in Clinical Documentation Improvement? Come join Lee Health where we are just minutes away from some of the nation’s top-rated beaches! Our great work environment, team atmosphere and work-life balance make this a great place to continue your CDI career and help Lee Health improve the quality of care for our patients.
Using a multidisciplinary team approach on a concurrent basis, the Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Specialist uses clinical and coding knowledge of documentation requirements to improve overall quality and completeness of patient records. He/she works collaboratively with medical providers to ensure clinical information in medical record is present, complete, and accurately reflects patient severity of illness and risk of mortality, as well as facilitate the most appropriate MS DRG code assignment when appropriate.
- BSN degree or equivalent required.
- 5 years of direct Acute Care nursing experience required.
- Hospital coding experience desired.
- Previous CDI experience preferred.
- Coding Certificate or CCDIS certification is preferred.
- Professional certification in medical coding preferred.
- Current FL RN license preferred; must obtain FL RN license before start date.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal, non-verbal and listening), analytical and computer skills.
- Certification as a Documentation Improvement Specialist required within 2 years.
Have Questions? Chat with the Recruiter:
Join our Live Chat Sessions Tues – Thurs 12:30pm – 1:30pm EST by copying and pasting the below link into your browser:
To learn more, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.leehealth.org/cdispecial
Drug/Tobacco – free workplace. EOE