DuvaSawko is recognized as a leader in Emergency Medicine and Billing offering Coding, Billing, Accounts Receivable and Practice Management. We are an ED physician owned and operated Company. While we are headquartered in Ormond Beach, Florida, we work with ED practices across the US.
Supervision of coders as related to departmental operations.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist Coding Operations Supervisors
- Gain a thorough understanding and knowledge of:
- Billing Application (BA) and Work in Progress (WIP)
- Employee attendance and PTO recordkeeping
- Employee productivity and performance monitoring process
- Visit Code Distribution Analysis
- Provider audit results for potential policy violation
- Operational questions elevated from coders or Medical Records
- Operational training process for new and existing coders
- Submission and follow up of trouble tickets sent to IT
- Employee evaluations and feedbacks
- Missing Insufficient Report
- Assist with coding as needed
- Assist Coding Leadership as needed
- Assist with scheduling/coordinating monthly team meetings
- Assist with collaboration with local college/Medical Records/Training to schedule students
- Effective communication with all contacts
- Identify policy violations and recommend corrective actions
- Update skills and knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain confidentiality for all personal, financial and medical information found in medical records per HIPAA guidelines and DuvaSawko policy.
Skills and Attributes:
- Leadership qualities
- Supervisory abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Knowledge of CMS documentation guidelines
- Able to read/interpret documentation, assign codes for diagnosis and procedures
- Understand the use and function of modifiers in CPT
- Knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding guidelines of outpatient services
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines regarding coding, bundling and unbundling
- Knowledge of DuvaSawko database, Windows, Office, and coding policies and procedures
- Coding credentials (CCS-P, CPC, or CCS)
- RHIT or RHIA preferred
- 1 – 2 years coding experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
DuvaSawko offers a Quality Benefits Package, Paid Time-Off, Paid Holidays, along with many other company perks!
DuvaSawko is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace!
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Attach your resume when completing our online application.
Apply Online: https://www.duvasawko.com/dscareers/