Parrish Medical Center
Parrish Medical Center (PMC), a Parrish Healthcare integrated care partner, is located at 951 N. Washington Ave., Titusville, Florida. The 210-bed, not-for-profit acute care public medical center has been serving Brevard County for nearly 60 years. PMC is the first in the nation to be Integrated Care certified by The Joint Commission and is nationally recognized as One of America’s Finest Healing Environments®. PMC has earned top rankings on The SafeCare Group’s Top 100 SafeCare Hospitals® since 2015. The Joint Commission consistently named PMC as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, recognizing PMC for “exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care.” The hospital has earned straight “A” safety ratings (since 2012) from The Leapfrog Group, an independent, national not-for-profit organization founded more than a decade ago by the nation’s leading employers and private healthcare experts. In 2014, Consumer Reports recognized PMC as Florida’s safest hospital. PMC, as compared to other U.S. hospitals, maintains top-tier national rankings for clinical outcomes, safety and patients’ experiences. For more information, visit www.parrishmed.com.
Under the general supervision of the HIM Operations Supervisor, the HIM Documentation Compliance Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) by auditing, monitoring, measuring, and reporting on documentation created by healthcare providers. The Documentation Compliance Coordinator compiles feedback for healthcare providers and present information on critical and major errors that have the potential to impact documentation integrity and/or patient care. This role acts as the key contact for PMC departments to address provider documentation issues and acts as a liaison between the HIM department and the PMC medical staff. The Documentation Compliance Coordinator identifies physicians who are non-compliant or delinquent with completion of medical records and sends notification to physicians on a daily or weekly basis in accordance with hospital and Medical Staff policies.
- Ensures the integrity of the EMR by monitoring, measuring, and reporting on documentation created by healthcare providers and reviewing content and context.
- Audits the content and context in various sources of clinical documentation to meet regulatory and accrediting guidelines.
Monitors the narrative documentation and discrete clinical data and makes recommendation for EMR enhancements.
Compiles feedback and education for healthcare providers on critical and major errors that have the potential to impact documentation integrity and/or patient care.
- Acts as the key contact for PMC departments to address provider documentation issues and as a liaison between the HIM and PMC medical staff. Identifies physicians who are non-compliant or delinquent with completion of medical records and sends notification to physicians on a weekly basis in accordance with hospital and Medical Staff policies.
- Assists with training and/or mentoring of other members of the HIM Department on identifying documentation issues.
- Coordinates work flow of the documentation systems and processes.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years progressive experience in HIM, Clinical Documentation Improvement, Coding, Transcription QA, or Clinical Auditing/Review related to HIM.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential required. Eligibility for an AHIMA crednetial may be considered for the right candidate who obtains the credential within one year of hire. Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity credentials may also be considered.
Preferred Qualifications: Education Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree required in health information management, informatics or related healthcare technology field. Master’s degree, preferred
Compensation/Benefits: Instructions for Resume Submission:
If interested please apply online to the link below.