Orlando Health is a $3.8 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the area’s only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics, and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. Orlando Health is one of the area’s largest employers with more than 23,000 employees who serve nearly 155,000 inpatients, more than 3 million outpatients, and more than 10,000 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $345 million in support of community health needs.
Health Central Park Skilled Nursing Facility, a part of the Orlando Health Healthcare System, is seeking a Health Informtion Director of Skilled Nursing Facilities who will plan, organize, develop and direct the Medical Records Department in accordance with current applicable federal and state guidelines and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures to assure resident records are processed, stored and completed in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Supervises the daily duties of the HIS Assistants.
- Communicates effectively and constructively with members of the health care team, physicians, residents, families, and guests.
- Ensures the confidentiality of all health record information as required by Florida Statutes and HIPAA guidelines
- Prepares medical records for release of information/ third party requests for medical record information according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Audits medical records to include newly admitted, current, discharged, transferred and expired residents’ records, analyzing each record for completeness and providing report of incomplete documentation for follow up
- Ensures physician compliance with visitation and documentation policy
- Prepares and presents statistical reports required by the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Committee
- Serves as chairman for PCC committee
- Assists with ICD 10 diagnosis coding in compliance with Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Three (3) years of health information management leadership experience.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Working knowledge of ICD 10 coding