Himagine Solutions Inc
Here we grow again!! If you want to work for a company that is committed to establishing themselves as the premier provider of healthcare outsourcing services then you have come to the right spot. As a himagine employee, you would play a key role in supporting this effort by ensuring you deliver exceptional service to our clients.
The Coding Supervisor is responsible for overall coding compliance and daily coding operations including management of coding specific unbilled functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides overall day to day management and direction of coding and abstracting activities. Oversee all duties and responsibilities of the coding staff. Establishes work schedules and monitors/approves time off requests and time worked.
- Responds to Coding/Abstracting data and report requests made by Client, physicians, and other internal customers.
- Utilizes database queries and reports to perform various auditing functions.
- Works with the Medical Staff and other departments for resolution and education of coding, documentation, and reimbursement issues.
- Provides oversight for internal coding validation programs in conjunction with established client programs. Identifies cases, monitors timeliness of data collection, aggregates, analyzes, and trends data. Provides summary and individual feedback to coding staff for performance improvement and compliance purposes. With assistance from the Manager or Director, reports validation findings to Client on a monthly basis and identifies area for clinical documentation improvement and coder education.
- Maintains a knowledge base of various payment methodologies, grouping classifications and ICD-10 CM and ICD-10 PCS, CPT, HCPCS as well as MS-DRG and APR-DRG.
- Provides ongoing training and in-service programs for coding staff to support corporate compliance.
- Provides suggested changes to policies and procedures for Coding section, including internal coding guidelines for both himagine and the clients.
- Oversees that month end coding activity is closed out for abstracting purposes within the established client timelines.
- Prepares monthly management reports on section productivity and quality.
- Provides input on performance reviews, recommends and/or initiates employee selection, promotion, disciplinary and/or discharge actions. Works with himagine team to perform vetting on candidates to assure appropriate client assignment.
- Coordinates coding staff meetings, keep staff informed of HIMS and regulatory changes, developments and events.
- Provides expertise in the areas of coding, compliance, reimbursement, and reporting of coded data. Understands flow of health information in the electronic health record from registration through documentation, discharge, coding, and billing. Maintains knowledge of OIG, CMS, state Medicaid third party payer, RAC and additional state and federal auditing contractor regulations regarding coding and data reporting.
- Assists with system analysis, implementation, testing, database management, maintenance, accuracy, regulatory compliance, troubleshooting, and security of coding/abstracting systems, interfaces, databases, and reporting tools for systems using coding/abstracting data (e.g. 3M-HDM, HITS, Compass/Allscripts, ClinDesk and MPF, etc.).
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical coding set forth by AHIMA and monitors coding team for violations and reports as areas of concern are identified
- Prepares and completes weekly himagine solutions metrics report.
- Meet budgetary goals per client agreement and achieves margins determined by himagine solutions
- Meet all SLA’s for client engagement.
- Oversees management of accounts receivables (DNFB) and manages staffing resources to accommodate daily patient volume within expected turn-around times and financial targets.
- Demonstrates the ability to attract, recognize, retain and manage staff and to effectively utilize staff to enhance the facilities and himagine solutions organizational performance.
Key Success Indicators/Attributes
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrate ability to work in all work types and specialties.
- Demonstrate ability to self-motivate, set goals, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate leadership, mentoring, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business partners by building personal credibility and trust.
- Maintain courteous and professional working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and utilizing a variety of software applications.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
Minimal travel required; up to 50%
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of advanced formal training within the discipline and Dual Credential with Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
- At least 2 years lead experience; minimum 5 years coding experience.
- AHIMA certification as a RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or AAPC certification as a CPC.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Prior supervisory experience a plus.
himagine solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee may perform other duties as assigned.
- This is a travel position. They will have the ability to work remote but must travel onsite a least 2 weeks a month.
- Well-polished, needs to be a leader, needs to be able to run meetings
Must be able to work 1 weekend day
Compatible with industry standards
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Submit resume to one of the following recruiters:
Sam Haase at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chase Nelson at email@example.com
Craig Darrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chance Smith at email@example.com
Mason Henk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online: http://www.himaginesolutions.com