Outstanding Profession Practice Experience Site Award
FHIMA Announces a NEW Recognition Award – Outstanding Profession Practice Experience Site Award!
FHIMA would like to recognize health care facilities that have committed to the future of the HIM Profession by accepting HIM program students for professional practice experiences (PPE). We are encouraging Florida HIM Programs to nominate a health care facility that has demonstrated this commitment by offering students quality professional practice experiences.
Below are the criteria for selecting an outstanding health care facility for the PPE Site of Excellence Award.
Criteria for FHIMA PPE Site Award:
- Nomination must be made by a CAHIIM accredited school (RHIT or RHIA program) in Florida.
PPE Site must be in Florida.
Nomination letter from the CAHIIM accredited school must be thorough and describe types of experiences/projects provided by PPE Site that makes it “outstanding.”
- PPE Site must routinely complete evaluation forms on students and review the evaluation form with the student to close the loop on the learning process.
- PPE Site must have taken at least one student in each of the last 3 years (provide the number of students in each of the last 3 years). Students can be taken in different areas of the facility for this requirement (not all students must be in coding for example).
- PPE Site must have at least one representative on a local (Florida) CAHIIM accredited school advisory committee in the current and past school year (2 years).
- PPE Site must have at least one BTG mentor for FHIMA in the current and past school year (how many in each of the last 2 years), provide names for verification.
- Student testimonial(s) – up to three allowed.
Click here to nominate a healthcare facility for the Outstanding Profession Practice Experience Site Award.
Submissions and supporting material due to FHIMA on May 15, 2015.