RHIA and RHIT Exam Fee Partial Reimbursement Program
No excuses! If you’ve completed your RHIA/RHIT coursework don’t delay in taking the credentialing exam!
FHIMA is excited to announce more changes to the RHIA/RHIT Exam Fee Partial Reimbursement program. ANY student who meets the criteria for this opportunity will be reimbursed $200 for taking and passing the RHIA or RHIT credentialing exam. The RHIA/RHIT Exam Fee Reimbursement program is funded through the FHIMA Scholarship fund, which is funded through the generous donations by FHIMA members and FHIMA vendor partners.
Twice in the fiscal year, once in September and once in April, the Professional Recognition Committee (or designee) will select the qualified recipients of the exam fee partial reimbursement from among those applications received in that semi-annual period.*
*Note: The amount reimbursed and the continuation of the program will be determined on an ongoing basis by the FHIMA Board of Directors and subject to change at any time without prior notice.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION PROCESS:
Twice in the fiscal year, once in September and once in April, the Professional Recognition Committee (or designee) will select the qualified recipients of the exam fee partial reimbursement from among those applications received in that semi-annual period. Applicants must have taken and passed the exam. In September, the selection will be among the qualified applications received April through August. In April, the selection will be among the qualified applications received September through February.
Qualified applicants will be notified via email by the Professional Recognition Committee. It will be the responsibility of the recipient to notify FHIMA if their mailing address has changed immediately upon notification that they were selected. Any returned checks will be held for 30 days for recipient to provide current address and after 30 days, the amount will not be awarded and will be returned to the FHIMA scholarship fund for future awards.
An individual may only receive one partial exam fee reimbursement award for either the RHIA or RHIT exam. .An individual may not receive the partial exam fee reimbursement for the RHIT exam and in the future for the RHIA exam.
- FHIMA members in good standing of both AHIMA and FHIMA at the time of their application and who are classified by AHIMA as either a Student, New Graduate, or Active members.
- FHIMA members who already have a RHIT credential are not eligible for exam reimbursement for taking/passing the RHIA exam.
- FHIMA members who have graduated from a CAHIIM accredited RHIA or RHIT program within the past six months. Graduation may also be from a CAHIIM accredited RHIA or RHIT program outside of Florida.
- FHIMA members who have taken and passed either the RHIA or RHIT examination within six months of graduation.
- Application must be submitted along with required attachments within 6 (six) calendar months after taking the RHIA or RHIT exam. Application deadlines are August 31st and April 15th.
- Applicants may only receive the reimbursement once in their lifetime.
- Applicant is ineligible for reimbursement if/when they receive RHIT/RHIA exam reimbursement from another sources such as their employer or school program.
Please note: Before you begin the application you should have, in electronic format, the following items. You will have the ability to save the application and return to work on it again at a later time, if needed.
- Official transcripts showing the date of your graduation from an accredited HIA or HIT program. If necessary, open the transcript envelop and scan the transcript so you can upload it in the application.
- Written documentations showing your exam date and that the exam was successfully passed. Scan and upload in the application.
Please note that you will have the ability to save the application and return to work on it again at a later time.