Barb Glondys from our staff will be presenting at the FHIMA meeting on Wednesday, August 1st from 12:20 to 1:20 PM to introduce our Apprenticeship Program. She welcomes a chance to meet with you or a member of your HIM team to provide more information about this wonderful opportunity for free HIM training for your current staff or assistance with new hires for our Program. We currently have 200 apprentices in 51 hospitals/healthcare organizations across the country so please reach out to Barb to learn how our Program can benefit your facility.
Our HIM workforce readiness training for your current staff and/or new hires (we have a pool of job seekers) now includes the following:
- Medical Coder/Biller leading to a CCA (current staff only)
- HIM Hospital Coder (can lead to a CCS for Coders that do not already have that credential)
- HIM Professional Fee Coder (can lead to a CCS-P for Coders that do not already have that credential)
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist leading to a CDIP
- HIM Data Analyst leading to a CHDA
- Pending Privacy & Security officer leading to a CHPS
- Submitted for approval: HIM Inpatient Coding Auditor
Please visit our website at http://www.ahimafoundation.org/prodev/Registered_Apprenticeship.aspx for qualifications, to complete our interest survey, or to register for our next interested employers Webinar and/or listen to a recording by clicking on “listen” at the bottom of the Webinar announcement. We hope that you reach out to us soon as the DOL grant will be ending on 9/30/20 and we so want you to take advantage of this opportunity. Thanks for your time and consideration.