Himagine Solutions Inc
Here we grow again. Himagine Solutions is recruiting for 12 profee surgical positions. If you want to work with one of the industries top consultants where you have the opportunity for growth, free monthly education with CEU availability and enjoy the ability to work remotely from home, Himagine is the place for you.
Under limited supervision the Medical Coder reviews medical records and performs coding on all diagnoses, procedures, DRG/APC and charge codes. The Medical Coder uses the most accurate codes for reimbursement purposes, research, epidemiology, statistical analysis outcomes, financial and strategic planning, evaluation of quality of care, and communication to support the patient’s treatment. The Medical Coder will be charged with maintaining the confidentiality of patient records and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for abstracting, coding, sequencing and interpreting the clinical information from inpatient, outpatient, emergency department, pro fee and clinical medical records.
- Responsible for the assignment of correct principal diagnoses, secondary diagnoses and principal procedure and secondary procedure codes with attention to accurate sequencing.
- Utilizes technical coding principals and DRG/APC reimbursement expertise to assign appropriate codes.
- Abstracts and codes pertinent medical data into multiple software programs and/or encoders. Follows official coding guidelines to review and analyze health records.
- Maintains compliance with both external regulatory and accreditation requirements, and with State and Federal regulations.
- Extracts pertinent data from the patient’s health record, and determines appropriate coding for reports and billing documents.
- Identifies codes for reporting medical services, procedures performed by physicians. Enters codes into various computer systems dependent upon the various clients.
- Track and document productivity in specified systems, maintain productivity levels as defined by the client.
- Maintain 95% quality rating
Key Success Indicators/Attributes:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrate ability to work in all work types and specialties.
- Demonstrate ability to self-motivate, set goals, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate leadership, mentoring, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business partners by building personal credibility and trust.
- Maintain courteous and professional working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Knowledge of coding convention and rules established by the AHIMA, American Medical Association (AMA), the American Hospital Association (AHA) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), for assignment of diagnostic and surgical procedural codes.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, coding compliance and HIPAA HITECH standards affecting medical records and the impact on reimbursement and accreditation.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
Minimal travel required; up to 5%
Required Education and Experience:
Successful completion of an AAPC or AHIMA-approved Coding Certificate Program and a minimum of two to four years of current production coding experience in both acute care and profee.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Must have the following certificates and/or licenses: CPC, COC, CIC, RHIA, RHIT, CCA, CCS, and/or CCS-P.
Security Access Requirements:
In addition to the specific security access required by the employee’s client engagement, the employee will have access to the himagine systems set forth in the “himagine Field Employee” profile.
himagine solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee may perform other duties as assigned.
MUST TEST PRIOR TO SUBMITTAL
Profee Surgical Procedure Room
MUST TRAVEL TO AZ TO TRAIN OCT 7TH-20TH
Profee Surg Coding minor outpatient procedures and or bedside inpatient procedures for multiple spec.
Need multiple years of surgery experience and recent experience*
Excision of skin lesions
Infection of joints
Bone marrow biopsies
If you can answer YES to these questions we have the perfect job for you with a prestigious client.
1. Do you have experience coding Pro-Fee Surgical Coding (minor outpatient procedures and/or bedside inpatient procedures)?
2.Can you be available to work normal business hours your first week of employment, while training remotely, without interruption?
3.Can you work full time? (M-F 8 hrs/day preferred but other weekday schedules can be considered)
4.Can you be committed to an October 1st start date?
5.Can you travel to Arizona for Epic training October 7th – 20th?
6. Do you have prior Epic experience? IF NO, can you travel to Arizona for Epic training October 7th – 20th?
PREFERRED YES ANSWERS, BUT NOT REQUIRED
1. Do you have prior Epic experience?
2. Do you have experience working scrubber / front-end edits (LCD/NCD, CCI edits)?
3.Do you have experience working claim denials?
4. Do you have experience working OCM edits (Optum Claims Manager) (Client has a big preference for this)
5. Do you have experience auditing surgeries?
Prefer candidate to have one of the following credentials:
CCS, CCSP, COC
Comparable; discuss with recruiter
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Send resume to one of the following Himagine recruiters:
Mason Henk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chance Smith at email@example.com
Sam Haase at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chase Nelson at email@example.com
Craig Darrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online: http://www.himaginesolutions.com