ICD-10-CM Coding Online Course
Sponsored by the Florida Health Information Management Association (FHIMA)
Start Date: May 21, 2018
End Date: July 16, 2018
Beginner to Intermediate level
Whether you have never coded diagnoses before or are just new to ICD-10-CM, this self-paced course is for you!
The online course materials are available to you 24 hours a day/7 days week, so you can fit learning into your personal schedule.
The basics of coding and the components of the ICD-10-CM code set are broken out, followed by a separate folder for each “chapter” [body system].
Every folder includes reading material complete with:
- Realistic coding cases provide abstracting and coding practice, including step-by-step directions to determining the correct code, how many codes, and proper sequencing.
- A&P descriptions, illustrations, and information on signs and symptoms enhance comprehension of the coding process, especially when creating queries to request additional information from providers.
- Interactive exercises provide additional reinforcement.
- Guidance Connection feature directs students directly to the applicable Official Guidelines, including specific Section, Chapter, and Subsection.
BONUS: One folder with more than 50 scenarios and case studies to practice coding and test yourself.
You will have until July 16, 2018 to finish and earn 10 CEUs.
The person who is named in the registration must be the person accessing the course and completing the course materials and quizzes.
There are 10 CE’s available from the Coding, CDM Domain for this workshop if all quizzes are completed with a passing level of 80%. Quizzes can be retaken until passing level is reached!
- All paid registrants will receive the access instructions directly from FHIMA.
- Access information will be sent via email 1-2 days prior to the start of the course. Please make sure your email address is entered CORRECTLY when you register – this is how we will send you your code!
- If you have not received the access instructions, please contact the FHIMA Continuing Education Director at ContinuingEducation@fhima.org
In order to have a satisfactory experience at the workshop, you will need to have an ICD 10 CM code book, preferably 2017 version or later.
You may purchase these from any vendor you wish if you do not own or have access to an ICD 10 CM code book.
AHIMA/FHIMA Members: $199 for PAYMENT received on or before May 18, 2018
Non-Members: $225 for PAYMENT received on or before May 18, 2018
Cancellations for paid registrations must be made in writing and sent to ContinuingEducation@fhima.org before 11:59 pm on 5/18/18 and will be subject to a 50% processing fee. Cancellations received after 5/18/18 will forfeit the entire registration fee. No Substitutions allowed. The person who is named in the registration must be the person accessing the course and completing the course materials and quizzes.
Online registration will close at 11:59 PM ET May 18, 2018.
When you register online, you will have the option to pay by mail with a check or pay online with a credit card (AMEX, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover).
If you are paying by check, select “mail a check” under payment options. You will later see instructions to print the confirmation page and mail your payment to KnowledgeConnex. The mailing address will be on the invoice. Make your check payable to KnowledgeConnex and include the confirmation/order number with the check. Checks that do not reference the confirmation number will be returned to you and will not be applied to the registration.