Sponsored by the Florida Health Information Management Association (FHIMA)
Start Date: March 20, 2017
Beginner to Intermediate level
Whether you have never coded procedures before or are just new to ICD-10-PCS, this self-paced course is for you! The online course materials are available to you 24 hours a day/7 days week, so you can fit learning into your personal schedule.
ICD-10-PCS (International Classification of Diseases-10th Revision-Procedure Coding System) is the code set used to report facility procedures, services, and treatments provided to inpatients. This self-paced, online course will provide you with the details about determining codes from this new system.
The ICD 10 PCS procedure code set is used solely by hospitals for reporting hospital inpatient procedures (see 45 CFR part 162)
The workshop will be constructed of eight (8) parts:
- Introduction to ICD-10-PCS
- Medical and Surgical Section
- Obstetrics Section
- Placement, Administration, and Measurement and Monitoring Sections
- Extracorporeal Assistance and Performance and Extracorporeal Therapies Sections
- Osteopathic, Other Procedures, Chiropractic Sections
- Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiation Therapy sections
- Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology, Mental Health, Substance Abuse Treatment, and New Technology Sections
The current 2016 code set will be covered, including the proposed 2017 changes.
Hurry! Online Registration will close end of business March 10, 2017.
Sorry – late registrations cannot be accepted!: Paid attendees will receive a access information enter the course A FEW DAYS prior to the start date for the course. This access information will be sent to you via email 1-2 days before the course begins, NOT as soon as your register! We cannot accept late registrations or late payments due to the fact that the course roster must be set up prior to the start date and the access information distributed.
The person who is named in the registration must be the person accessing the course and completing the course materials and quizzes.
There are 10 CE’s available for this workshop if all quizzes are completed with a passing level of 80%. Quizzes can be retaken until passing level is reached!
You will have until September 20, 2017 to finish the workshop and earn 10 CEUs.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION about CODE BOOKS needed for workshop:
In order to have a satisfactory experience at the workshop, you will need to have an ICD 10 PCS code book, preferably 2015 version or later.
You may purchase these from any vendor you wish if you do not own or have access to an ICD 10 PCS code book.
- All paid registrants will receive the access instructions directly from FHIMA.
- Access information will be sent via email 1-2 days prior to the start of the course. Please make sure your email address is entered CORRECTLY when you register – this is how we will send you your code!
- If you have not received the access instructions, please contact the FHIMA Executive Director, Carolyn Glavan at email@example.com.
Please note: Access instructions will arrive via email 1-2 days before the start of the workshop, NOT as soon as you register!
AHIMA/FHIMA Members: $199 for PAYMENT received on or before March 10, 2017
Non-Members: $225 for PAYMENT received on or before March 10, 2017
Cancellations for paid registrations must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59 pm on 3/10/17 and will be subject to a 50% processing fee. Cancellations received after 3/10/17 will forfeit the entire registration fee. No Substitutions allowed. The person who is named in the registration must be the person accessing the course and completing the course materials and quizzes.
Online registration has closed.