Start Date: August 27, 2018
Continuous Enrollment – within 48 hours of registering and paying for the course, you will receive the log-in information directly from FHIMA with your access code and course log-in instructions. Please be aware that if you register on a Friday, you will not receive the log-in information until the following Monday morning.
Experience Level: Beginner to Intermediate level
Whether you have never coded diagnoses before or are just new to ICD-10-PCS and CPT® Procedure Coding, this self-paced course is for you!
The online course materials are available to you 24 hours a day/7 days week, so you can fit learning into your personal schedule.
The basics of coding and the components of the ICD-10-PCS and CPT® code sets are broken out, followed by a separate folder for each “chapter” and Section [body system].
Every folder includes reading material complete with:
- Guidance Connection feature directs students directly to the applicable Official Guidelines, including specific Section, Chapter, and Subsection.
- McGraw-Hill LearnSmart SmartBook ® e-book which also combines the course work, assignments and quizzes using McGraw-Hill Connect ® course site.
- Realistic coding cases provide abstracting and coding practice, including step-by-step directions to determining the correct code, how many codes, and proper sequencing.
- A&P descriptions, illustrations, and information on signs and symptoms enhance comprehension of the coding process, especially when creating queries to request additional information from providers.
- Interactive Lecture material & exercises provide additional reinforcement.
You will have until 10 weeks to complete the course material and CEU quizzes with a score of 80% or higher and earn 10 CEUs.
AHIMA/FHIMA Members: $199 for PAYMENT received.
Non-Members: $225 for PAYMENT received.
Cancellations for paid registrations must be made in writing and sent to ContinuingEducation@fhima.org PRIOR to receiving the course access email (usually within 48 hours of registration confirmation); Cancellations received AFTER FHIMA staff have sent out the course access instructions will FORFEIT the entire registration fee. No Substitutions allowed. The person who is named in the registration must be the person accessing the course and completing the course materials and quizzes.
The person who is named in the registration must be the person accessing the course and completing the course materials and quizzes.
There are 10 CE’s available from the Coding, CDM Domain for this workshop if all quizzes are completed with a passing level of 80%. Quizzes can be retaken until passing level is reached! A CEU certificate will be emailed to the registrant within 7 days of successful completion of the course.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION about CODE BOOKS needed for workshop:
In order to have a satisfactory experience at the workshop, you will need to have an ICD 10 PCS code book, preferably 2018 version or later AND a CPT ® coding manual, 2018 version. You may purchase these from any vendor you wish if you do not own or have access to either code book. You may also purchase the Encoder ONLY version of the AHIMA VLab for $75 at this site: http://www.ahima.org/vlab