Himagine Solutions Inc
Here we grow again!! If you want to work for a company that is committed to establishing themselves as the premier provider of healthcare outsourcing services then you have come to the right spot. As a himagine employee, you would play a key role in supporting this effort by ensuring you deliver exceptional service to our clients.
Job Title: Trauma Registrar II
The Registrar- Clinical Data- Trauma manages all components of the Trauma Registry, including data collection, data entry, and data retrieval/ statistical conversion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily abstraction of Trauma cases into the Trauma registry database.
- Reviews Trauma admission records for identification of population.
- Analyzes all records for quality assurance trauma standards recommended by governing bodies and as stipulated by regulatory group.
- Performs the abstraction, coding utilizing the ICD and AIS coding required and application of all trauma data points in the registry taken primarily from inpatient trauma cases but to also include facility criteria.
- Apprises Program coordinator/ Trauma Program Manager of all relevant trauma audit filter inconsistencies via periodic quality assurance reports and thru the abstracting process. Produces various other quality assurance reports as directed.
- Reviews patient care plans/ records for events that fail audit filters and medical quality improvement indicators or otherwise indicate a need for a review or corrective action.
- Maintain a log to document the abstraction of all records.
- Compiles monthly reports and summarizes statistical information for designated groups.
- Participates in planning and execution of research projects.
- Assists with problem solving department and organizational issues.
- Enter follow up and/or update information from Autopsy reports obtained after the completion of an abstract.
Key Success Indicators/Attributes:
- Knowledge of trauma and its management, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, trauma data abstracting, database record management, trauma registry procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrate ability to self-motivate, set goals, and meet deadlines.
- Maintain courteous and professional working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Knowledge of National Trauma Data Bank Standards, abstracting compliance & American College of Surgeons standards, Resources for Optimal care, 2014.
- Commitment and adherence to Firm’s Core Values.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health care related field or Health Information Management, or related Medical field, Trauma registry experience required, medical coding, or experience in database management/ analysis, administrative, or clinical research role required; Minimum of three years of Trauma registry abstracting experience; Completion of Association for the advancement of Automotive Medicine, AIS coding course; American Trauma Society American Trauma Registry course preferred. ICD 10 Education and Training required.
Certified Specialist in Trauma Registrar (CSTR), recommended;
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Other’s accepted: RHIT, CPC, MS, CCS.
MUST have Level I trauma Pennsylvania experience
ATS trauma registrar course
• AIS course
• Collector CV4 trauma registry
• EPIC is EMR
Compatible with industry standards
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Submit resume to one of the following recruiters:
Sam Haase at email@example.com
Chase Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Darrell at email@example.com
Chance Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mason Henk at email@example.com
Apply Online: http://www.himaginesolutions.com